CAFR’s Management & Organization
– is CAFR’s superior management body;
– consists of all CAFR members that can exercise their right to vote;
– can be “Ordinary” (one time a year, at the request of the Council, in maximum 4 months after the end of the previous financial exercise);
– or “Extraordinary” (at the request of the Permanent Bureau or at the request of a minimum of 1/5 of the CAFR members entitled to vote).
-Discussion of the annual Activity Report of the Chamber Council;
-Discussion and approval or modification of the Annual Financial Situation of the Chamber;
-Discussion and approval of the Financial Auditors’ Commission Report on the Financial Situation of the Chamber;
-Approval of the revenue and expenditure budget implementation for the financial year ended; -Approval of the draft revenue and expenditure budget for the next financial year;
-Approval of the Conference Representation Rules;
-Election and revocation of the members of the Chamber’s Council;
-Election and revocation of the Statutory Auditors Commission;
-Establishing the strategic objectives of the Chamber;
-Approval of the Activity Plan of the Chamber’s Council for the current year;
-Approval of the establishment, re-organization or dissolution of offices in or outside the country;
-Approval of the modifications and further amendments of the Functioning and Organization Regulation of the Chamber.
The Council consists of 11 members, elected by the Ordinary Conference on a three-year term, as per the election procedure approved by the Chamber, with prior notice from ASPAAS;
Both the CAFR Council Members and the Council’s President are allowed to have two terms at the most;
The CAFR Council meets every other month and, when necessary, at the request of the President or of at least one third of the Council Members;
The meetings of the CAFR Council may take place only in the presence of at the least seven members out of the 11 members of the CAFR Council.
Powers and duties
The CAFR Council coordinates, manages and controls the activity of the Chamber, having the following duties:
– ensures the enforcement of the decisions of the Conference and informs the Conference on the manner in which they are carried out, in accordance with the law;
– ensures the conditions for an effective administration and management of the Chamber’s assets, in accordance with the law;
– adopts and presents proposals to the Conference regarding the strategic objectives of the Chamber;
– adopts and submits for the approval of the Conference the activity reports, the annual financial statements and the implementation of the revenue and expenditure budget regarding the financial year ended, as well as the revenue and expenditure budget regarding the current financial year;
– adopts and submits for analysis of the ASPAAS the annual report regarding the Chamber’s activity, 30 days before the Conference;
– adopts and submits for analysis of the Conference the draft Regulation on the organization and functioning of the Chamber, with prior notice from ASPAAS;
– elects and revokes members of the Permanent Bureau of the Chamber’s Council;
– approves rules regarding the current activity of the executive staff of the Chamber, which include the tasks and responsibilities of the executive structures, as well as the relations between them, the collective labor agreement, list of positions and personnel policy;
– approves granting of the title “Honorary President” and “Honorary Financial Auditor” in terms of procedures regarding granting of honorary titles adopted by the Chamber and approves the structure of the Excellence Committee upon proposal of the Permanent Bureau of the Chamber’s Council;
– establishes work committees based on fields of activity;
– annually sets benefits for the members of the Chamber’s Council, the Permanent Bureau of the Chamber and of the Audit Committee;
– sets the benefits amounts for persons designated in art. 22-25 of this Regulation, as applicable;
– designates a member of the Chamber’s Council to represent the Chamber before the ASPAAS Superior Council;
– performs all duties related to ASPAAS;
– grants exemptions for CAFR members for activities for which CAFR has jurisdiction under law;
– grants and withdraws the membership;
– discusses and approves the Disciplinary Commission’s annual activity report;
– performs other duties set forth by the law and this Regulation, except those assigned within the power of the Conference or of the Permanent Bureau of the Chamber’s Council.
The Chamber’s Council may adopt its own Regulation for organization and functioning, as per the rules of this Regulation.
The Chamber’s Council may delegate the powers of the Permanent Bureau of the Chamber’s Council and the President of the Chamber’s Council, as the case may be.
In exercising its duties, the Chamber’s Council issues decisions.
The decisions of the Chamber’s Council shall be published in the Official Journal of Romania, Part I, with prior notice from ASPAAS, as the case may be.
Members of the CAFR Council
Permanent Bureau of the Chamber Council
Permanent Bureau of the Chamber Council
-consists of: President, the First-Vice-President and the 3 Vice-Presidents of the Chamber Council;
-the Permanent Bureau meets once in a month or whenever necessary.
The Permanent Bureau of the Chamber’s Council ensures the current management of the Chamber and performs the following tasks:
– develops the annual draft revenue and expenditure budget and submits it for further consideration and adoption by the Chamber’s Council no later than December 15th of the year preceding the year to which the budget refers;
– oversees the implementation of the revenue and expenditure budget;
– submits for approval of the Chamber’s Council the Chamber’s activity program for the current year;
– approves the activities for the executive staff;
– adopts and submits for the approval of the Authority for the Public Oversight of the Statutory Audit Activity the annual inspection plan regarding quality control in the field of statutory audit;
– approves the agenda for travelling abroad;
– hires, promotes, sanctions and dismisses staff in management positions within the Executive of the Chamber;
– suggests for the approval of the Chamber’s Council the organizational chart of the executive staff of the Chamber, and also the rules regarding its activity and the personnel policy;
– approves, upon proposal of the Secretary General, the collective labor agreement of the Chamber;
– monitors the drafting, updating and publishing of the Public Registry;
– performs other duties set forth by the law, this Regulation or by the Chamber’s Council, except for those assigned to the Conference or the Chamber’s Council.
The Permanent Bureau of the Chamber’s Council may adopt its own Organization and Functioning Regulation.
In performing its duties, the Permanent Bureau of the Councils Chamber issues decisions.
Statutory Auditors Commission
Statutory Auditors Commission
-consists of 3 members elected from the Chamber Members;
-the members of the Council or the Chamber’s employees, as well as the associates, employees, relatives up to the fourth degree cannot fulfil its mandate of statutory auditor of the Chamber.
-performing the financial audit of the Chamber’s financial statements;
-preparing the annual financial audit report of the Chamber and other reports required by the Chamber Council and submitting them to the Conference for approval;
-participating to the Council’s meetings without the right to vote.
CAFR's Executive Management
Secretary General : Adrian Popescu
Chief Accountant : Mihaela Bodan